Rigor is creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at high levels,
each student is supported so he or she can learn at high levels,
and each student demonstrates learning at high levels (Blackburn, 2008).

Monday, August 18, 2014

Starting the New Year with a Vision

Welcome back to school--although that's belated for some of you!  This is the time of year I start blogging regularly, but we'll do a bit of a change this year.  I'll be blogging on Mondays and Thursdays, partly because I'll be writing regular columns for Middleweb and Teachers.net.  I'll be sure to link to those, so you can see them.  Also, I am writing my regular newsletter which comes out 8 times a year, and I'll always post when it comes out.  If you aren't a subscriber, click the button on the right to sign up.  Now, to kick off your year, I'd like to share a story (5 minutes) from my teaching--how did I deal with standardized testing and having a vision for my students?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest. Due to an increase in spam, all comments are now moderated by the site administrator.