Rigor is creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at high levels,
each student is supported so he or she can learn at high levels,
and each student demonstrates learning at high levels (Blackburn, 2008).

Monday, February 24, 2014

Self-Assessment of Group Work


Do you use group activities for your students?  How effectively do they self-asses their work?  Here's a simple set of SELF questions you can use to help. 
 
S-Did I help solve the problem or complete the assignment?
E-Did I engage with other members in a positive way?
L-What did I learn from working with others?
F-Did I follow through on my role, as well as helping others?

This is one of over 200 tools in my newest book, Rigor in Your Classroom:  A Toolkit for Teachers, due out in April.  Keep watching for more information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest. Due to an increase in spam, all comments are now moderated by the site administrator.