Rigor is creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at high levels,
each student is supported so he or she can learn at high levels,
and each student demonstrates learning at high levels (Blackburn, 2008).

Monday, June 3, 2013

As the School Year Winds Down

For many of you, this is the last week of school.  My son finishes on Friday, so our summer begins then.  As he begins a break, I begin to travel more.  In June, I'll be in Ohio, Texas (twice), Chicago, Mississippi, and North Carolina.  I love summer, because I'm able to work with so many teachers and leaders.  My newest book, Rigor for Students with Special Needs is out, and I'm working away on a Rigor Toolkit for Teachers.  Unfortunately, with my travel and writing schedule, I won't be blogging regularly until the end of August.

I will periodically update you as I can, but I'll be taking a bit of a break from regular blogging.  For those of you on traditional schedules, I hope you are able to take some time to relax and recharge before the new year starts (although I'm aware many of you have second jobs like I did when I was a teacher).  For those of you who teach summer school or at year-round schools, continue to make a difference with students--I know you will.  Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest. Due to an increase in spam, all comments are now moderated by the site administrator.