Rigor is creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at high levels,
each student is supported so he or she can learn at high levels,
and each student demonstrates learning at high levels (Blackburn, 2008).

Monday, May 6, 2013

Rigor for Students with Special Needs (Updated Information)

The new book, Rigor for Students with Special Needs, will be out at the end of May.  You can read an excerpt and see the table of contents here.  You can also preorder a copy!  I'm very excited about the book, because it responds to the number two question I hear.  The most popular question is, "What is rigor?" but second is, "How can I work with my students with special needs?"  I also have a fabulous co-author, Brad Witzel, whose specialty is students with learning disabilities.  I hope you enjoy the excerpt and find it useful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest. Due to an increase in spam, all comments are now moderated by the site administrator.