Rigor is creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at high levels,
each student is supported so he or she can learn at high levels,
and each student demonstrates learning at high levels (Blackburn, 2008).

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Seeing Is Not Learning

One of my mistakes as a teacher was assuming if my students read or saw something, they learned it.  Even if they didn't, we could just do the same thing again.  But repetition does not lead to learning.  Why do I say this?

What are the colors of the word google on their pages?  Don't know? Neither did I.  Thanks to my 14 year-old for another reminder of the importance of teaching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest. Due to an increase in spam, all comments are now moderated by the site administrator.