Rigor is creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at high levels,
each student is supported so he or she can learn at high levels,
and each student demonstrates learning at high levels (Blackburn, 2008).

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Great Teachers in Wellston, Ohio

One of my favorite activities is facilitating workshops with teachers.  Last week, I was in Wellston, Ohio, working with all teachers PK-12.  I was not surprised at their passion for reaching students--I see that most of the time, but I never take it for granted.  It was fun to watch them begin to build a true understanding of rigor (creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at high levels, each student is supported so he or she can learn at high levels, and each student demonstrates learning at high levels), and realize they were already incorporating rigor in their classrooms.  However, it was also great to see them reflect on our activities, and decide how they would use the strategies in their classrooms. It was special for me, because they had copies of my new book, and they were able to refer to it throughout the day. Thanks to teachers in Wellston for making my day!

Teachers who are dedicated to helping their students succeed...priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest. Due to an increase in spam, all comments are now moderated by the site administrator.