Rigor is creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at high levels,
each student is supported so he or she can learn at high levels,
and each student demonstrates learning at high levels (Blackburn, 2008).

Thursday, October 6, 2011

RIP Steve Jobs

As many of you may have, I learned of Steve Jobs death on an iPhone. I remember the Apple IIC and then I taught with several Apple IIes. We moved our school newspaper from a typewriter to an Apple computer. I've never lost my love for creative products, and for an unwavering commitment to education. Steve Jobs inspired me by refusing to give up when everyone else said to quit. Second, I learned to have a vision, dream big, and move forward, no matter what. And now, I am privileged to watch how IPads, etc. are changing classrooms. I believe he changed how we view technology, especially in education. I wish peace and hope for his family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest. Due to an increase in spam, all comments are now moderated by the site administrator.