Rigor is creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at high levels,
each student is supported so he or she can learn at high levels,
and each student demonstrates learning at high levels (Blackburn, 2008).

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Teaching ELL Students and MORE!

I've developed a  new handout to accompany Rigor is NOT a Four-Letter Word.  I've had several teachers email me asking "How can I be rigorous with students who are English Language Learners?"  Or...students with special needs, or just very young students.  Take a look at the five strategies in the handout and let me know what you think. All are ones I regularly use in my workshops, and teachers find them effective with a variety of students...not just ELL students.  A group of Pre-K and Kindergarten teachers in Texas had a lot of fun with their students using these.  Oh, in case it is gray where you are....have a great day!  You make a difference.  Thanks for being a teacher or school leader and working with students who need you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest. Due to an increase in spam, all comments are now moderated by the site administrator.