Rigor is creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at high levels,
each student is supported so he or she can learn at high levels,
and each student demonstrates learning at high levels (Blackburn, 2008).

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lifelong Readers and Inspiration

I love working with teachers, and am always frustrated that I can't do more to help.  So last year, I used donorschoose.org to find a small project.  I used my married name with the donation, so they didn't know who I was, but I just received handwritten thank you notes about the book each student is reading, as well as this public thank you note.  A friend of mine says reading each day isn't homework, it's lifework, and I agree.  Thanks to Mrs. Bauguess, who is inspiring her high school students.  So many times, we give up on this as students become older.  Mrs. Bauguess inspired me!  Who is inspiring you today?  Who are you inspiring? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest. Due to an increase in spam, all comments are now moderated by the site administrator.