Rigor is creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at high levels,
each student is supported so he or she can learn at high levels,
and each student demonstrates learning at high levels (Blackburn, 2008).

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Winter Break

For many of you, the winter break (or holiday break, or Christmas break) is just around the corner. I wish you the best, and hope that you take some time to do something for yourself--not work, not grad school, not family....just you. I know that is hard. I've spent the last year learning to balance a new husband and stepson. Last year around this time, we were three days away from our wedding! But one thing I have learned...or relearned...is that no matter what, if I don't take time to refresh, there's not much left to give anyone else. So this break, take a deep breath, and step away from the rest of the world. Then, ask yourself, what is it that I need to do to be the best I can be when I go back in January? Have a blessed holiday season. Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest. Due to an increase in spam, all comments are now moderated by the site administrator.